Everything you need to know before you pack for a sailing day trip.
15 Must Have Things for a sailing day trip
A leisure trip with a sailing boat is a unique way to fill yourself with pleasant memories and fascinating stories, “the book of your life”.
However, there are some things you need to know beforehand to make your overall experience even more enjoyable.
In this article we will not analyze the preparation for a trip that can take weeks or months, but only for a day trip to the Pagasetic Gulf, which is the sea area in front of and opposite Volos.
Although I list a small but useful list below, I can briefly say that you don’t need many things since this is the summer season, the swimsuit is probably the most “useful accessory”.
Perhaps the most common question before the first sailing trip is:
What do I need to have with me on a daily sailing trip and what not?
Well, here is a basic checklist:
1) To start with this list, the first thing is your swimsuit!
2) Surely, a backpack or a beach bag can serve you very well, unlike a travel suitcase with a hard shell. As a fabric or soft plastic backpack, it can be easily folded and does not take up space on the boat, where space is relatively limited.
3) An extra pair of new shoes with white rubber soles, so as not to damage the deck of the boat, from any small stones or the hard soles of the shoes. Of course, there is always the alternative of walking barefoot on the boat, but I wouldn’t highly recommend it.
4) Hat for sun protection.
6) Of course, sunscreen for your skin, lotion, etc.
7) Maybe a moisturizing balm for your lips, especially if you have sensitive skin, as the sun, the sea, and the “salty air” can make your lips to get chapped.
8) A Power bank (preferably with a solar panel!) And cables for charging your mobile phone or tablet, as well as taking photos, videos, and live streaming on social media, will drain your batteries in literally no time.
9) A special waterproof case for your mobile phone or tablet, so you can take photos and videos underwater, as you will swim with a mask and a respirator.
10) One or two towels *, ie one for the body and one for the face. I recommend microfiber towels to dry easily and quickly on the boat.
11) Light clothes, short-sleeved T-shirts, shorts, or even a summer dress for ladies. These clothes are needed during the day when the temperature is usually high.
12) A long-sleeved sweatshirt, and maybe a pair of long pants.
13) A pair of socks.
14) A windproof jacket, especially for the evening hours, where the sea breeze often gets colder. *
15) Optionally, if you are a book lover, you can bring one of your favorites with you.
If you have questions about the items you need to take with you on your day cruise with Olympian Sailing, click here to contact us!
Also, if this is your first time on a sailboat then you might be interested to have a look at this article as well:
You may find useful information, about what to expect and how much you are about to enjoy, this kind of experience.
15 Must Have Things for a sailing day trip, so if you think that we need to add something more to this checklist, please let us know in the comments below!
Oh! I almost forgot… don’t forget to make your reservation in time!
… and you can feel safe with us, we take all the necessary measures seriously, for your protection regarding COVID19
* We also provide windproof jackets, towels, and snorkeling equipment, in case you do not have your own.
This page is also available in: Ελληνικα (Greek)